Enjoy listening to Erica Ehm’s remarkable journey of continual reinvention, influence, creativity and leadership. It will leave you inspired and encouraged to pursue your goals with grit, and with tenacity. I so admire her confidence to go after what she wants. As she says so eloquently, it all starts with you – so what are you waiting for?
Erica Ehm is a Canadian Icon, entrepreneur, thought leader and creator. As a VJ or Video Jockey on Much Music – Canada’s music station in the 80’s and 90’s, Erica has since then reinvented herself in multiple ways.
She is founder of the digital agency Ehm & Co, and niche publishing brand the Yummy Mummy Club , both focused on the desirable mom market. Under Erica’s leadership over 14 years, her companies earned over a dozen prestigious awards. Her collaborations with health researchers earned her a Governor General’s Innovation Award nomination.
Her new podcast, Reinvention of the VJ, features personal interviews with the stars of MuchMusic peppered with inspiration for reinvention. Erica has built a multimedia portfolio including credits as an author, journalist, playwright, awarding-winning songwriter and sought-after speaker.
Erica can be found here:
YMC | www.ymc.ca
Ehm & Co | www.ehmco.com
Reinvention of the VJ | www.ericaehm.com/podcast
Here are her Key Takeaways:
- There are no rules in life to get what you want, but in order to make anything happen it all starts with you
- You get what you think and if you think it long and hard you’ll become exactly that. If you think you’re not good enough, you’ll become exactly that.
- Everything is an opportunity – it’s how you choose to look at something. It starts with your mindset.
- Use every opportunity to build a relationship with people that you want to work with and soon you’ll make yourself top of mind. But it’s all up to you.
- There’s a seat for every toilet!
- There are times in our lives where things will be crappy, but trust that you will find a place and people who value who you are
- To be a good leader you have to have guiding principles. You have to understand values that matter to you and to your company.
- There is a difference between being a boss and a leader. Inspiring leaders listen and respond to customers, staff, competitors and takes their great ideas or learn from their failures.
- If we are not constantly reinventing, then what is keeping us relevant?
- We are all in a state of reinvention throughout our entire lives. Its a really important thing to evolve as people, and to listen to where you are in your stage of life and do things that matter to you as you evolve
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, rate and review. Share with your friends – it means the world to us!
- Read Kavita’s latest article here: https://www.anokhilife.com/work-life-capturing-your-mid-life-magic-a-step-by-step-process-to-rediscovering-your-true-calling
- Sign up for our free community at: https://itsmytimenowcoaching.com/contact-us/
- Join our private Facebook Group, Power Purpose Play Global: https://www.facebook.com/groups/345142570007158
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/power.purpose.play
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/power.purpose.play/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8943313/
- Reach out to Kavita directly at: email@example.com for suggestions, or if you know someone with a story of reinvention