Enjoy this inspiring interview with Sandy Rosenthal – it will prompt you to think of those things that you are passionate about – what is stopping you from going for them?
If you have heard about the famous environmental activist, Erin Brockovich, you will be interested to learn about Sandy’s story – which is remarkably similar. At the age of 48, Sandy realized that her entire life had prepared her to stand up to the most powerful engineering outfit in the world, and win!
After Hurricane Katrina and the federal levee failures in New Orleans, Sandy founded the non profit Levees.org with 25,000 supporters nationwide. Her book––Words Whispered in Water––is about how she led an investigative team to expose the culprit in the levee breach disaster––the Army Corps of Engineers––and how the agency spent millions covering up its mistakes.
Here are her key takeaways:
1) A huge life altering event can make someone do what in hindsight are crazy or impossible things.
2) I don’t think I would have taken on this cause if I didn’t have my confidence and my ability to be understood.
3) In the beginning don’t worry that you don’t know everything, or that you’re not an expert. Don’t worry about money. People will be happy to fund you. The money and the experts will come
4) Don’t worry that you don’t have all the answers. All you need to do is ask the questions. That’s all you need to do. Ask the questions!
5) All you have to do is ask a reasonable question, make a valid point, and back it up with data. You will get your message heard.
6) If you see a wrong in your community, don’t be concerned that you may get criticism – that is evidence that you are on the right path.
7) While family support is important, their approval when you decide to go on your quest is not required or necessary – don’t have your family be everything – they are part of who you are and your support group, but not the only thing.
8) You can be your spokesperson. In fact, you’re the best because you will become the best person through the expertise and your passion that you develop
9) The big guys are no different from the bullies in the 4th grade playground. When you frame it that way, all of a sudden they are beatable
Visit our new website at: www.itsmytimenowcoaching.com
Schedule a complimentary consultation with Kavita by sending her an email at: email@example.com or here: https://calendly.com/itsmytimenowcoaching/45-minute-discovery-call