Enjoy this week’s podcast interview with Stephanie Raffelock – as we discuss everything about the great creative surge that begins in midlife. Women all around us are demonstrating courage and purpose as they stand in the light of truth. Regardless of your age – you can make a difference – and you can find that thing that gets you up in the morning. There is still so much inside of us to discover, to create, and to contribute.
Stephanie is an author, blogger, and speaker. Her goal is to inspire women to embrace the strength and power of their story. Stephanie is the author of Creatrix Rising, Unlocking the Power of Midlife Women. She’s also penned the award winning book, A Delightful Little Book on Aging. A former podcaster and i-Heart Radio host, she shares her passion for aging, women and feminist history.
You can find Stephanie here:
Here are her Key Takeaways:
- This is a great time for women to be alive and to find their voice and to have a seat at the table, in business, in politics, in a lot of areas, and it’s also a time that takes a lot of work from us still to step into the light of our truth and claim our voice.
- Older women are the magicians of the culture – they have time to contemplate and reflect on life, and then shine that light for the women that stand behind them.
- In our culture right now, women are making things at a greater rate than ever before – that’s the great creative surge.
- The third chapter is the most exciting chapter in the play or in the book – it’s where the transformation happens.
- There is a reason that we slow down and part of that reason is to reflect on the arch of your life and to appreciate the gift that it’s been. As you get older, there is more space that’s created where you don’t feel the need to constantly be ambitious.
- There is a reason that nature keeps us alive past our childbearing years – what is it?
- When women start to share their story, what we see is we are never as alone as we think we are- and it ceases to become my story or your story, but just THE story of womankind.
- When we act upon our own kindness – which is like the little black dress of emotion – it goes with everything – we really empower ourselves. That’s what empowerment is …take the attention off yourself for a moment – and you’ll get it back tenfold.
Join the third of our 6-part free Webinar series called The Midlife Rediscovery Blueprint on Friday, June 10th at noon EST, where I will be talking about the Importance of Visioning Your Future. Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the invitation
Learn more about our signature 3 month coaching program and course, It’s My Time Now – email Kavita at: email@example.com and tell her why you think – it’s YOUR time now!
Remember, If Not Now, When?